Thursday, December 18, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
I will have another little hunter in my arms by this afternoon. I'm so nervous and so anxious. I feel just like when I have deer lined up in my scope and I'm about to pull the trigger. Hubby is excited about having his first daughter. I'll report in with way too many pictures to share when we return home. In case you were wondering, she does have some camo in our hospital bag. *wink*
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Now bring on November... I'm ready to hunt!
My part in receiving this award is some fun info:
1. Where is your cell phone? On the charger.
2. Where is your signifance other? He's actually cleaning out our freezer.
3. Your hair color? Brunette.
4. Your mother? She's alive and doing very well.
6. Your favorite thing? My family
7. Your dream last night? I dreamt about giving birth to our upcoming arrival.
8. Your dream/goal? To live on a nice piece of property in the country.
9. The room you’re in? Office/Spare Bedroom.
10. Your hobby? I love to deer hunt, Read, Scrapbook, and spend time with my family.
11. Your fear? Not living long enough.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Where I am now, but with older kids and older husband.
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. What you’re not? Liar.
15. One of your wish-list items? An Alaskan cruise
16. Where you grew up? Rosenberg, TX
17. The last thing you did? Put my boys to bed
18. What are you wearing? PJs
19. Your TV? Sony Flat Screen
20. Your pet? Callie, English Springer Spaniel
21. Your computer? Dell (Dinosaur)
22. Your mood? Anxious
23. Missing someone? Not really.
24. Your car? Honda Odyssey Mini-Van
25. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes
26. Favorite store? Target
27. Your summer? Hot and Humid as always
28. Love someone? Husband, My Kids, My Family and Friends
30. When is the last time you laughed? All the time.
31. Last time you cried. After the Hurricane looking at our neighborhood.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Needless to say, I haven't done much fishing or hunting as of late. The Texas heat has really been getting to me and I find it smothering at times. The boys have gone and done some fishing. Jacob, our five year old, is really getting into the fishing and hunting. He's all fired up about November and can't wait to sit in the stand with us. He thinks he'll get to shoot a deer this year, but considering we haven't even let him shoot a rifle I find that highly unlikely this year. We have told him that we might be able to harvest a doe with him present and that will be just as thrilling to him as he's never experienced that before. He has always been at the camp house when we've brought the deer back up for cleaning. So... he's super excited! I think we all are. Come on November!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Sorry for the lack of updates...we've just been doing family things and not much hunting or fishing. Although Kevin has been fishing in some tournaments here and there. I guess I could share some stories from those. I'll try and get some stories up soon!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Spring and Summer is here and I love the weather. I am not looking forward to the Texas heat, but I do love watching the trees and flowers bloom this time of year. I guess the fishing weather ain't half bad either...
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
We're expecting another little Hunter! I'm due October 7, 2008. We've seen the little baby on ultrasound already. He/She had a heartbeat and was really nothing but a bean, but adorable none the less. We're both excited! We haven't told family yet, but hopefully around Easter we'll feel comfortable to share with everyone. So, wish us luck! Three kids... wow!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
He introduced me to hunting when we first met. I remember early on during our dating days when he'd travel over to Louisiana to hunt. I never grasped the excitement of it back in those early days. All I could think about was the fact he was away from me and we couldn't spend time together. I should have known early on that hunting would always be a part of our history. Not that that's a bad thing, no, it's a wonderful thing!
I know that there are other wonderful guys out there in this country, but I'm so glad that I found mine and that we enjoy doing some of the same things together. Here we are together this year posing by a Bob cat shot by my husband. I was sitting in a stand not too far from his that morning and heard him shoot. I sat in the stand wondering what he'd gotten. When we reunited after the morning hunt he showed me the Bob Cat. I hadn't seen a deer that morning so I have to admit that I was glad it was just a Bob Cat. Don't tell him that!